Easy Outdoor Sweater WOMAN English
Out of stock
The Outdoor Sweater is a great basic sweater with stunning details such as a button band in double knitting. The sweater is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
You can read about what you can expect in our patterns here
You can read about our videoguides here
Sizes: XS (S) M (L) XL (2XL) 3XL (4XL)
Circumference: 98 (105) 110 (115) 124 (129) 138 (145)
Length: 55 (56) 57 (58) 58 (60) 62 (63). This is easily adjustable
Gauge: 17 stitches x 22 rows in a stockinette stitch on 5 mm needles= 10 x 10 cm
Needles: 4 mm circular needle (40 + 80 cm) and 5 mm (40 + 80 cm)
Yarn alternative 1: 1 strand of Drops Nepal (50g=75m). Depending on the size, you will need: 13 (14) 14 (15) 16 (16) 17 (18) balls, Buy/view the yarn here. + HELD TOGETHER with one strand of Drops Kid Silk (25g=210m). You will need: 5 (6) 6 (6) 6 (6) 7 (7) balls. Buy/view the yarn here
Yarn alternative 2: 1 strand of Sandnes Fritidsgarn (50g=70m). Depending on the size, you will need: 14 (14) 15 (16) 17 (17) 18 (19) balls
Difficulty: ★★★ 3 - which corresponds to almost easy. You can read about our classification of difficulties here
The design is made in one colour. However, you can add stripes like the ones on the black/beige sweater on the pictures by following these instructions:
- In step 2, make a 2,5 cm wide stripe after 8 cm double ribbing.
- In step 3, make a stripe after you have put sleeve stitches on hold and cast on new stitches beneath the arm hole. Change colour at the beginning of your round. Repeat the following until your sweater has the desired length (before the ribbed edge is added): Work the stripe colour for 5 rounds - work 9 rounds with the base colour.
- In step 3, make a 1,5 cm stripe at the bottom of the ribbing.
- In step 4, make the first stripe after you have worked 1 round of the sleeve. Repeat the following until your sleeve has the desired length (before the ribbed edge is added): Work the stripe colour for 5 rounds - work 9 rounds with the base colour.
- In step 4, make a 1,5 cm stripe at the bottom of the ribbing.
- In step 5, make the button band in the same colour as your made the stripes.